Thursday, 22 January 2015

REVIEW| CLINIQUE FACIAL CLEANSING BRUSH


Ever since receiving this gift for Christmas I have been dying to write about it. The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Facial Cleansing Brush provides an affordable alternative to the Clarisonic retailing at nearly half the price.

The brush is roughly the size of my hand and the long neck of the brush allows a secure hold which makes it easy to control the movement of the brush on the face. Additionally, the egg-shaped brush head makes it easy to target different hard-to-reach areas of the face such as the side of the nose. The brush features two different types of bristles, softer ones suitable for gentle cleansing on the cheeks (the white area) and firmer bristles to target the T-zone (the green area). The combination of the two makes it perfect to tailor the brush to your skin's needs.

I use the brush in the second stage of my double cleansing routine along with the Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser. As I had never previously used a face brush before I wanted to allow my skin to adapt to the cleansing process and eased my way into using it in my daily routine.
Week 1 - I used the brush once a day for 30 seconds during my night-time cleansing routine.
Week 2 - 1 minute a day during my night-time cleansing routine.
Week 3 - 1 minute twice a day during both my morning and night-time cleansing.

I use the brush for 10 seconds on each area of the face, 10 seconds on each cheek, my nose, chin and forehead (so total cleansing time is actually 50 seconds). I use the white bristles on my cheeks, moving the brush over my face in circular motions and the green bristles on the T-zone and rest of my forehead in an up and down motion.

The brush has a timer which turns off after 30 seconds, which when washing your face for 1 minute is a slight inconvenience. I personally think they should have set the timer for 1 minute but this is a minor detail.

Upon the first use the brush felt hard against my face but after several uses it was unnoticeable. However, I have noticed that if I haven't used the brush for a day or so the brush will feel rough. It isn't necessary to press the brush into the face, as tempting as it may be it needs to be avoided in order not to damage the skin.

It is a product definitely worth the price tag I don't think I could ever go back to normal cleaning again. After the first use of the brush my skin immediately looked more radiant and although it has not removed my acne, it has prevented spots from developing by removing dirt that my face has collected throughout the day. The spots on my chin have nearly completely disappeared and I have seen a significant decrease in blackheads. My face always feels cleaner, smoother, brighter after usage and even make-up sits better on my face.

Some other great features are that the brush is lightweight and perfect for travel. It stays charged for 24 hours which means using it for 2 minutes a day results in the battery life of the brush being between 1 and 2 months (and you save space because you don't need to take your charger on holiday!).

It's also important to note that even though it feels as though your face is being exfoliated this brush does not actually exfoliate the skin.

Andrea x

11 comments:

  1. I've been dying to try a cleansing brush and this one sounds pretty good! How much was it? Really want to try it out :)
    ------------------

    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was £79 and then the replacement brushes are £20 but they only need be changed every couple of months. It's worth it if you don't want to spend the money on more expensive cleansing brushes :)

      Delete
  2. Love this! Check out my fave of today!

    http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=468449212&pid=uid7441-25962271-17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow – I love the pictures! You’re making me jealous!
    Also the design of your whole blog is really pretty, girl! ♡
    I’m following you via gfc. You’re great – keep going! ♡
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never actually tried this before but sounds so amazing!

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I think this sounds like a great alternative to the clarisonic! :)

    ❅ AJ
    BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog and great post. Love it. I follow you, could you follow back, pls.

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a little demonstration of this in the shop and it looked amazing! I love Elemis cleansers too, this sounds like such a good combination!

    Roxie ♥
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks incredible! This is such a good review :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am testing the Clarasonic myself so an interesting read! x

    http://lauratalksout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete