Monday, 2 February 2015

GET THE LOOK| THINK PINK




When I think of winter make-up I always think of dark colours - sultry reds, black kohl smokey eyes and deep purples. Sometimes these looks can look really dramatic against my pale skin and so I tend to shy away from these looks (although it depends on the occasion of course!). Instead I have found that an all-pink look is much more wearable. The trick is to find pink shades that are a similar colour (so you don't end up looking like a clown) and to make sure that the colour you use compliments your skin tone. Rosy tones are usually great pale skin. I chose Elizabeth Arden in Iridescent Pink, P.S Love Blusher Stick (found at Primark) and Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Pout. If you're nervous about doing an all pink look, slowly work up the colour. I apply a small amount of blush and rub it in with my fingers and will add more if I feel like I need it, alternatively just leave out the blush completely.

Andrea x

15 comments:

  1. I love dark red lips against my pale skin, but you are right for an everyday I love more nudes and pinks.
    Great post.

    Jenn from jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been much of a pink fan but I think it's time to convert! I'm going to be trying some more pinkish colours, slowly though!

    Jessie
    Taylor Mayed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful make-up! I love darker shades during winter too, against my pale skin and love black eyeliner and berry lip tones x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty look! Love the soft pink lipstick and your liner looks perfect :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous makeup look and it really suits you :) I love that shade of pink! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are sooo gorgeous!I now follow you via GFC, can you follow back? :)
    Lifestyleslane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty make up look. I love your blog layout too x

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea, I also am a bit hesitant to wear pinks but today I used a very light burgundy from Sleek Storm palette and it turned out nice. Yours look reaaly nice and I love the flick!

    Jo of saycheesycake.blogspot.nl
    http://goo.gl/Tsmrq5

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are absolutely stunning! :) x

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous makeup, your skin looks flawless!! <3

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is gorgeous, really natural & fresh.
    Sarah-Jane xo // www.vmgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makeup on point! Really love this look xx
    Shirley | Shades of Shirley | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm the same with darker tones in both lipstick and blush, when you're very fair skinned they just look like too much.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete