Tuesday, 17 February 2015

REVIEW| CLARINS LOTUS FACE TREATMENT OIL




For years and years I have struggled with oily skin which was as oily as John Travolta's hair in Grease. In the summer my make-up would slip off my face like wax dripping down a candle - far too many times I felt like I had a melting clown face. No matter what I tried whether it was a gel moisturiser or one designed for oily skin my oil-spill of a face remained. That is, until I started reading about facial oils. For months and months I had read about the benefits of facial oils, but putting an oil on my face? Surely that would make it worse? Wrong. It made it so much better!

The Clarins Lotus Face Oil Treatment is the first (and at the moment only) facial oil I have tried so I can't compare it to other products in the market. However, because of this little gem my face isn't the valley of grease that it used to be.The oil comes in a 30ml glass bottle. The lid is actually a pipette which allows you to easily control how much product you are using. However, I do find that sometimes if I accidentally squeeze the pipette too hard it is easy to get an excess amount of product.

I apply the product to a damp face, after toning and then dab my face with a cotton pad to absorb the excess oil. Since using this twice a day (along with cleansers and toners intended for oily skin) the release of sebum in my skin has evened out. The result being that no more foundation runs off my face (yay) and my skin is left feeling soft and hydrated. The redness in my T-zone and cheeks has also nearly disappeared. Although the product also claims to tighten pores I can't say that I have seen this happen. Unfortunately for those of us with large pores, pore size is genetic so as much as we can try to make them smaller we won't. What this product will do though is ensure that pores are purified so that they don't stretch further.

The facial oil is formulated without parabens, sulphates and phthalates. As from the name, Lotus is a key ingredient in the product - and was really a great choice - which is full of antioxidants, flavinoids, vitamins and proteins to help purify skin by shrinking pores (again not completely sure I can agree with this), hydrate skin, reduce redness and repair proteins in the skin's structure. Lotus also contains natural AHA's which also help to exfoliate the outer layer of the skin. Not only this but the product is formulated with 100% pure plant extracts meaning that not only do you get the amazing benefits of Lotus extract but of rosewood, geranium and hazelnut oils just to name a few. All of which are intended to regulate oil control, purify and soften the skin.

Pros:
- Ingredient choice
- Regulates skin's sebum
- Reduces redness
- Leaves skin feeling soft and hydrated

Cons:
- Does not reduce pore size (although may prevent them from enlarging)
- Can be easy to use an excess amount of product


Andrea x

8 comments:

  1. I do get the ocassional t-zone oilyness, and this produt sounds wonderful for that. I have also heard about the benefits of using oils, but I was still a bit skeptical. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment recently. I will follow you from now on through G+. Hope you will follow me there as well! Have a great week. :))

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nervous about it too, but it's made such a difference you won't regret giving it a try :) x

      Delete
  2. I have oily skin and love using face oils, though it can be a challenge to find a good one. This option sounds lovely :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never tried anything like this but i love clarins, might have to check it out!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually one of the first Clarins products I've tried, so glad I did! x

      Delete
  4. I love oils! I use them for cleansing and treatment. I love the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleansing oil, and am testing the Tarte face oil at the moment. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete